Green Iced Tea With Strawberry & Peach
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Makes: 500 - 600ml (serves 1-2)
- 500-600ml water
- 300g ice (or however much desired)
- 2 peaches
- 12 strawberries
- 4 teaspoons of our G + Tea green loose tea
- 3 teaspoons of sugar or honey upon preference (if desired)
Sweetening is less essential for green tea, especially with fruit, as its natural sweetness is mostly favoured, however, sometimes experimenting with different levels of sweetening can be helpful to reach your preferred taste!
Honey works great with iced tea!
- Put the ice aside for now and prepare a container that can contain 500-600ml of fluid and withstand the hot tea without breaking.
- Bring the water to boil in a pot or kettle and allow the water to come down from the boil slightly before pouring it over the tea strainer or paper filter. Add the sliced peach and strawberry pieces in with the brewing tea and leave for 4 to 5 minutes while in the fridge.
- Remove the paper filter/strainer once the tea has brewed to your desirable strength, leaving the fruit pieces in.
- After removing the tea from the water, stir in your sweetener if desired, and allow it to stand for a minute.
- Carefully pour the brewed tea, with fruit, over the ice in a glass or cup. Most of the ice will melt instantly. Refrigerate the tea further before serving and add more ice if desired.
- Garnish with extra peach and strawberry slices if desired and enjoy!